If you are looking for a stylish and elegant fitness tracker, look no further than the UP2 by Jawbone Activity and Sleep Tracker. On first glance, you might think that the UP2 is a sleek piece of jewellery, but on closer inspection you will find that it is much more than this. If you are familiar with the Jawbone fitness tracking products, you will delight in this new offering.
Released in 2015, the UP2 has been a popular entrant into the fitness tracker marketplace. The UP2 offers buyers a stylish slimline design, a choice of band colors, and all of the basic functionality of a modern tracking band including tracking of daily steps, the distance you travel, the calories you have burned and your sleeping pattern.
Size (LWH): 8.66 inches, 0.45 inches, 0.12 inches
Weight: 5.92 ounces
Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Jawbone introduces a variety of colors for UP2 that form up the fashion trend and can match many styles:
Reviews on Amazon.com indicate a high satisfaction rating of 3.9 out of a possible 5 stars; and 71% of users have rated the UP2 with 4 or 5 stars. These consistently positive reviews are a direct reflection of a fitness tracker that offers a host of benefits including:
· Allowing you to set the ‘idle alert’ feature which prompts you to get moving if you have been sedentary for an extended period,
· Allowing you to track what you eat and the number of calories you consume, and link this data to the third party MyFitnessPal app,
· Tracking your steps and the calories you burn so that you can identify any deficit you need to make up,
· Using the Duels feature which allows you to link up with friends and set challenges or battles across 24 hour, 3 day and 1 week time periods,
· Functions that allow you to manually enter activities you have done in addition to walking such as bike riding, hiking, tennis, soccer or cross training,
· A downloadable and intuitive app for Android or Apple smart phones so that you can quickly sync and monitor your progress against set goals,
· Sending you coaching tips and feedback to keep you on track to achieve your personal goals, reminders about the importance of regular and sound sleep patterns, and motivation to take the lead in the challenges you have set with friends,
· No bulky design which makes it easy to wear no matter what you are doing,
· Being splash-proof,
· Extended battery life, only requiring charging once a week,
· Represents value for money given its basic offerings and stylish design.
Unlike earlier models, the UP2 is light, slimline and appears to be free of the bugs and clasp issues experienced previously. But there still some actual unexpected report regarding to this type of Jawbone activity and sleep tracker:
· Despite only having the UP2 for a short period of time, it is difficult to keep clean and quickly starts to look a little worn in places,
· Doesn’t offer heart rate monitoring, which is offered in many of the more recent fitness tracker products on the market,
· Not water-proof which means it cannot be warn during swimming or water sports.
The UP2 is recommended for anyone looking for a fitness tracker band that is easy to set up, easy to use, and when purchasing the lightweight thin strap band, doesn’t have the clunky design of some other fitness bands on the market.